Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Pulled Pork


Pulled pork is incredibly easy for get togethers- perfect for a 4th of July party! I'm not going to lie... I don't eat pork. I have a weird meat thing. It's strange. I can't explain it. Just go with it.

Anyways, I made this for a BBQ I had and it couldn't have been easier. My guests really seemed to enjoy it. My husband ate the leftovers for like a week afterwards, so it must have been pretty good.

I like it because it is easy and super convenient. Grab the pork and throw it in the slow cooker with some Dr. Pepper (a can or two) and let it do it's magic. The acids and sugar in the Dr. Pepper break down the proteins and tenderize the meat. You definitely want regular Dr. Pepper, don't go the diet route. If you want to be $ smart, just buy a 2 L of Dr. Pepper and add in 1 1/2 cups to 2 cups soda. 2L are half the price of cans! We don't drink soda so that's the route I went (Okay, I don't drink soda and I won't buy it for my husband...) Pork butts are pretty cheap too. A good choice for a crowd.


Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork

1 can Dr. Pepper (12 oz. or 1 1/2 cups), feel free to add a little more if you have room
Pork Butt 
BBQ sauce of choice

Place pork butt in slow cover and cover with Dr. Pepper. Cook on lowest setting for 8 to 10 hours. Remove pork when done, shred, and coat in BBQ sauce. 

SO easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment