Monday, May 16, 2011

Cream Cheese Fruit Dip




Years ago, when I first started dipping my feet in the culinary pond, my friend asked me to make cream cheese fruit dip for her. She handed me a block of cold cream cheese and some yogurt. Oh the mistakes I made with that dip... first of all, the cream cheese was cold, so as soon as I mixed it with the yogurt it clumped. Also, I had no idea how to sweeten it so I proceeded to pour honey into it. Ugh, now I know so much better. But to be fair, at that time I was going through a health food phase, replacing an egg with two egg whites and all oil with applesauce. So honey just seemed like a smart choice to me. No, not smart. Just honey flavored yogurt with lumps of cream cheese. Anyways! It's been years so I can reassure you that I have redeemed myself completely... this is for you Chantelle! This cream cheese dip is perfect, if I don't say so myself. So easy to make and so incredibly delicious! It's a nice whipped cream, cream cheesiness. It very, very yummy. And you don't have to just dip fruit into it. You can use graham crackers or cookies or anything that could use a little cream cheese deliciousness. This would be perfect for a nice spread for a get together too! Just put a big ol' bowl of it right next to the sliced fruit. Trust me, there won't be any left at the end of the party!




Cream Cheese Dip
8 oz cream cheese, room temperature (very important)
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup confectioner's sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract

Beat cream cheese in a bowl until smooth. Add in heavy cream and mix until nicely creamed. Add in sugar and vanilla and mix until fluffy and creamy. Store in refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment