Saturday, May 21, 2011

This Weeks Delish: May 21, 2011

This Weeks Delish
May 21, 2011

I have certainly had a busy week- I feel like just yesterday it was Monday and already it's Friday! I hate those kind of weeks.... oh well. I did manage to find time to share a few good recipes with you. Again, I apologize in advance for all the recipes that will be posted next week, which will all be conducive to my inability to really chew (wisdom teeth extraction). However, I will do my best to still share some delicious treats with you! Let's see what other's shared this week, shall we?


  • This Whole Wheat Bread (Step by Step) isn't really a recipe so much as it is a tutorial, but I just thought it was fabulous. There was a time when I had no idea how to make a yeast bread and something of this sort would have been incredibly helpful to have had. I basically had to teach myself and it took me quite a lot of trial and error runs to get it right. A lot. Way more than necessary. So, if you need help or are interested in learning about yeast breads, check it out.
  • Yay! Another recipe by the famed "Baked" cookbook authors and bakery owners- Strawberry Whoopie Pies. This wasn't actually in either of their cookbooks, so I am glad that I stumbled upon it on this site. I have never actually made a whoopie pie, but this one looks fantastic! Plus it uses an meringue based filling and I absolutely adore meringue frostings!
  • The season of delicious fruit is upon us! Celebrate with a nice Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp now that everything is at it's peak level of flavor. This recipe looks great because it utilizes a lot of healthy ingredients you wouldn't normally put into a crisp like agave nectar and whole wheat flour. Yummy and healthful!
  • I always forget how much I love orange marmalade till I have some with a scone. Seriously, though I should make more things around orange marmalade, it is just so yummy! These Orange Marmalade Cookies look like they would fit the bill perfectly. Something other than spreading it onto a scone, how ingenious!
  • YES! An easy no bake recipe. I love it. Nothing is better than being able to throw something together easily and then not have to bake it. This No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake looks scrumptious and it can't get any easier, I swear. I am actually planning on making a no bake cake for you next week... although admittedly, it is quite a bit more labor intensive than this one.


My Recipe Pick of the Week:





I vote for the monster cookies. If you are a fan of peanut butter cookies and oatmeal cookies, you'll love these. They have a very serious texture, so moist yet chewy. I like them a lot. As a caution though, don't be smart like me and try and change up the ingredients- just use regular M&Ms...

No comments:

Post a Comment