Saturday, May 7, 2011

This Weeks Delish: 5/7/11

This is the first post of a regular Saturday post I am starting. As much as I want to, it's very hard to make a new dish everyday, let alone for me to eat all the food I am making. Too bad I don't have anyone to cook/bake for... my husband doesn't count because I am convinced he doesn't like the act of eating in general. Anyways, this will help me keep us with my posts without leaving you all out to dry! So, I am going to be taking Saturdays and posting 5 recipes that I have found from other blogs. I am also going to post my most recommended recipe that I posted for the week. Let's begin shall we?

Cooking Blog Finds:

  • Spring to me means lemon for some reason. Or anything with fruit really for that matter, but especially lemon. When I saw these Glazed Lemon Cookies I just thought that they were so sweet looking. They would make the perfect cookie for spring.
  • On an opposite spectrum, here is a delicious looking and easy to make brownie recipe. These Knock You Naked Brownies employ the help of a box cake mix for the base and some caramels for the gooey filling. I know I like making things from scratch, but the idea of having a shortcut when your pressed for time is really appealing, especially when you get such a yummy result!
  • Oh boy, oh boy... I love french toast. And this french toast is soooo decadent, it's hard for you not to drool looking at the pictures. I mean Creme Brulee French Toast... hello? How can you say no to that?
  • Okay, this one is kind of crazy sounding... which makes me want to try it all the more- to see if it actually works haha so as an experiment, you may see this Ice Cream Bread coming up very soon!
  • In honor of Cinco de Mayo, here is another one for you, but with a little twist. Instead of the ordinary Tres Leches Cake, which is ammmmazing- try this Tres Cocos Leche Cake. Looks so yummy and very easy.
My Recipe Pick of the Week:


Almond Saffron Cake! Okay, Okay, Okay... even if you don't have saffron or want to spend the money on it. Heck, if you don't even have the orange it calls for- make this recipe! I can't stress how moist and delicious it is as just a plain almond cake even. It's a winner, trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment