Friday, May 27, 2011

Pina-cado Smoothie


Yes, I am still on a smoothie kick... because I am still on wisdom teeth recovery. I actually have a whole handful of smoothie recipe's left to put up haha I know, enough with the smoothies already! Well, since I know how tedious smoothies get after a while I am going to try to spread them out.


Anyways, I am on a huge avocado kick lately. Especially when it comes to using the avocado in sweet dishes. I read the other day on an Asian blog site that the blogger almost suffered culture shock when they saw avocado's in a savory dish for the first time. I guess in other areas of the world avocado's are only used for sweet recipes. Pretty interesting. Well, I love them. They are so buttery and smooth. And I just can not get over their beautiful color! Plus, they are loaded with healthy fats.




So today's smoothie is on the tropical side of things. If you are a fan of pineapple you'll definitely like this. I am actually not a fan of pineapple and I seem to always forget that haha I do the same things with cherry/grape tomatoes... I really want to like them so I keep buying them and putting them into things and then I end up hating what I make- weird. Well, I thought the pineapple was too overwhelming for me since I don't like pineapple- again, dumb, of me. But it was still a delicious smoothie overall. You couldn't taste the avocado at all. It just made for great texture and color. If I had to make this again I would probably just use more banana and no pineapple, but like I said, I don't like pineapple.


And as I always say when it comes to smoothies- I do not add ice. I add greek yogurt : )








Pina-cado Smoothie


1 cup Orange Juice
3/4 cup frozen, chopped pineapple
1/2 avocado
1 banana, chopped and frozen
1/2 cup ice (or 1/4 cup greek yogurt for a creamy smoothie)


Place in blender and process all together until smooth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment